New Features in the Version
PV Elite and CodeCalc 2016 (Version 18.00.00.0000)
- Updated PV Elite and CodeCalc to support the 2013 B 16.5 code. (CR-TX-13662)
- Updated PV Elite and CodeCalc to support the 2015 ASME code. (CR-TX-14427)
- Updated PV ELite and CodeCalc to support the latest wind and seismic updates from the 2015 IBC code. (CR-TX-14424)
- Updated PV Elite and CodeCalc to include the latest tubesheet updates from the 2015 PD 5500 code. (CR-TX-14429, CR-TX-14431)
- Updated the documentation in PV Elite to clarify that the nozzle flange is considered in Flange Distance to Top. (CR-TX-8973)
- Updated an image in the PV Elite documentation to be more accurate. The image in the Straight Tube Length Measured Between topic has been updated to correctly illustrate the length of the outer faces extending to the end of the tube. (CR-TX-12305)
- Updated the PV Elite QA Manual to reflect the benchmark analysis results based on the 2015 ASME code updates. In addition, the manual now contains the 3D image and full-size output report for the example problems. (CR-TX-14977)
- Updated PV Elite by adding an option to separate the foundation load information. Previously, the software only displayed basering and foundation load information on the Vessel Design Summary report. You can now select Foundation Loads on a New Page on the Configuration dialog which will result in the basering and foundation load information displaying on the new Foundation Support Summary report. A new Basering Cross Section View sketch also displays on both the Vessel Design Summary report and Foundation Support Summary report. (CR-TX-12830)
- Updated PV Elite to improve the graphical representation of thin expansion joints.
- Updated PV Elite to display seams between multiple elements of the same type on the 3D model.
- Updated PV Elite to display the repad for nozzles on the 3D model.
- Updated PV Elite by adding a graphical representation of loads on nozzles on the 3D model.
- Updated PV Elite by adding an additional hydro-test option for ASME Division 1. A new App. 27-4 option was added to Hydrotest Type on the Design Constraints tab. This new option allows you to test that glass-lined vessels meet the requirements of Appendix 27-4 of ASME Division 1. (CR-TX-12326)
- Fixed an issue in PV Elite in which the software did not recognize certain materials as being in the creep range. The material database was updated to contain accurate creep range temperatures for applicable materials. Creep range temperatures for a material now display in red on the Material Properties dialog. (TR-TX-14476, CR-TX-14786)
- Updated PV Elite by adding options to select and deselect all the nozzles on the Change Nozzle Materials dialog. Previously, users had to manually select each nozzle in the Exclude Nozzle section. The software now contains Select All and Unselect All options below the Exclude Nozzle section which allows user to quickly select or deselect all the nozzles in the list box. (CR-TX-14781)
- Updated PV Elite to include fields for drawing and revision information about the PV Elite model. The new fields, Reference #, Revision #, Client Name, Drawing #, and Contract Date were added to the Heading tab. The information entered in the new fields displays on the cover page of output reports. (CR-TX-14785)
- Added four new inputs in PV Elite on the Seismic Data tab that allow the software to consider additional factors during seismic analysis. The new inputs, Consider the Rotational Force Effect, Site Velocity, Specification Factor, and Site Factor allow the software to calculate rotational forces when performing seismic analysis according to the Mexico Sismo (2008) seismic design code. (CR-TX-13469, CR-TX-14980)
- Updated PV Elite and CodeCalc by adding fields for the minimum and maximum operating pressures for the shell and channel sides of a tubesheet. As a result of the ASME 2015 code updates, Maximum Operating Pressure for UHX and Minimum Operating Pressure for UHX were added to the Load Cases tab of the Heat Exchanger Tubesheet Input dialog box in PV Elite. Shell Maximum Operating Pressure, Shell Minimum Operating Pressure, Channel Maximum Operating Pressure, and Channel Minimum Operating Pressure were added to the ASME Tubesheet module in CodeCalc. (CR-TX-14635, CR-TX-14787)
- Updated PV Elite to allow you to calculate the effective wind diameter using only a few inputs. The new Special Effective Wind Diameter dialog contains inputs that allow you to easily calculate the wind diameter for a vertical column, making it quicker to determine the foundation loads necessary for the structure. (CR-TX-14956)
- Updated PV Elite by adding a warning message during analysis when the user-defined MAWP is greater than the computed MAWP by PV Elite. If you enter a value in User Defined MAWP that is greater than the MAWP calculated by PV Elite, a warning displays upon running the vessel analysis as well as on the Internal Pressure Calculations report. The warning message explains that the software uses the user-defined MAWP in calculations instead of the MAWP calculated by the software. (CR-TX-14527)
- The following list details changes to PV Elite and CodeCalc (Version 18.00.00.000), which may affect the numeric results:
Fixed an issue in PV Elite regarding the calculation of occasional allowable stresses according to EN-13445. The software now computes the stresses in accordance with Section 22. The software no longer considers an allowance for the occasional load factor of 1.2. (CR-TX-13822)